Tuesday 10 April 2018

Bleeding Petrichor

Do you know about them lazy mornings?
When your bed is your temple?
Yes that..today was that.
As I woke up..summers blew the monsoon winds
As odd as it was... I could feel happiness crawl over my skin
And I got up, regular blues..
It is my regular visitor, and yours too
Now as I come clear under the morning sky, I loved it as it was...
It was special I wonder why
So I shriveled as the cold breeze cuddled my cheek
And I left for work,
Nothing in this world was left to hurt
Till I saw her..
And here is how my story goes down,
I saw her banged up and head open.
Her vehicle lying right alongside mine,
That tension, that rush, that fear
I have never felt in my life.
The road that was stained red
And that's when the petrichor bled.
I knew I had to do something
So I clench my fingers, as the friction stops everything.
The time that was supposed to be light speed just stood still,
My feet start running towards her... I am scared but I wonder why?
Is that the fear of losing a life?
"But I don't even know her, why should I be the one to help?"
Because no one else also knew her and she was all there by herself..
I ran, I ran, a simple distance which felt like a light year...
I got down on the ground, started tapping her face...
"What is your name?"
"Do you know where you are?"
Her lips were moving, her lungs made the strength
But her words didn't reach too far.
There came two more people
‌Who came to change her fate.
The way to the hospital was not long,
But my trembling hands sure felt the weight.
I am crying out of fear inside,
But I have to be strong..
Because if I break down,
All the right I want in life, would be all the more wrong.
So she was in there..we were out..
But I couldn't help but think about what all the people that didn't come to help had to say
"A girl should never drive"
"Why do you drive when you don't know how to"
Right then, I lost my faith
I do not have the courage to go back to meet her,
I believe life is not fair.
When she is struggling inside, people talk..
I wonder why they call it intensive care.
I think about it if I did it to make everyone else proud of me.
That wasn't true.. I did it for her sake, and for the sake of humanity too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleeding Petrichor

Do you know about them lazy mornings? When your bed is your temple? Yes that..today was that. As I woke up..summers blew the monsoon win...