Sunday 23 July 2017

I Forbid You.

THANK YOU CHESTER BENNINGTON
Remember the time when we were young?
Reckless was our mind, careless was our soul.
But in those good times of no trouble,
A kid can have many, where he loses control.
I lost my balance, I stumbled and I fell
Right off the edge,
I realized there was no saving left that is where you and I met.
You picked me back up, made me who I am
When the whole world was outside,
I locked myself up,
Made you a part of my life.
You were the reason for my rhythm on guitar,
The adrenaline to perform.
You made me from nothing to something,
Gave me a perfect form.
I know it seems stupid,
Because we've never met.
But I have known you for a long time now.
Because you lift me up off the ground.
I was sitting in the same room
When the news flashed upon me,
Flashed so bright that I did not want to believe.
“Chester bennington is dead”
How can that be true?
Because I knew that this isn’t something that you would do
Then the reality struck me, calls came like waves
People asking if it is true and if I am okay?
Denial was my shelter, exclaimed it can’t be true
On the inside, I was shattered, heartbroken, sky turned grey from all the blue.
No I am not okay, you made me who I am today,
If it wasn’t for linkin park , my soul would have decayed.
But I don’t think you fully understand the situation, I forbid you to leave
There is this silly kid screaming, “No the legend cannot die”
But this mature man inside pays his respect, hope you find peace in your next life.
But you are alive, more alive that we can ever be,
There is an immortal in our radios, our phones, our TVs, where ever you can be.
Thank you so much chester bennington,
For being there when no one else was.
May your soul rest in peace,
I changed because of you into something from a lost cause.

2 comments:

  1. You wrote it so perfectly Parth. Every bit of it oose of the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parth! This is so touching.
    The moment i saw this news, you crossed my mind!
    This is nice work! Appreciate.
    RIP Chester.

    ReplyDelete

Bleeding Petrichor

Do you know about them lazy mornings? When your bed is your temple? Yes that..today was that. As I woke up..summers blew the monsoon win...